FANDOM


  • Kevhunt06
    Kevhunt06 closed this thread because:
    No longer applicable
    01:21, March 22, 2019

    I know that many of you speculate that Bete might end up with Lena at the end of the series but I just want to ask about what do you guys think of having Bete with Filvis instead of Lena? Though they have a rocky start at the beginning, it was stated that both of them had similar pasts/traumas in regards that people around them seems to die all the time (Bete with his clan and Vidar Family, Filvis with her family members and other party members) causing them to be alone in hopes that they won't have anyone near them get killed. After Bete learned about her Banshee name, he insulted her which was probably his stupid way of showing concern for her (probably? I don't know) and stopped after she said that should have died. After Lefiya became friendly with her, there was a cute moment in the manga when Bete joked to her about how close she and lefiya had gotten and in the anime, he reassured to Filvis that he won't die like her previous party members since he is strong.  

      Loading editor
    • I'm sure Bete sympathizes with her to some extent, but that's where it ends. There's no chance he'll end up with Filvis. 

      Filvis is more than likely going to end up with Lefiya.

        Loading editor
    • I agree with Ascetic. I can't see Bete x Filvis happening at the end of the series. They just haven't had a lot of meaningful interactions. I also think that Filvis is more likely to end up with Lefiya.

        Loading editor
    • Well, Bete seems better if He with Lena so Lefiya x Filvis can be happen XD

        Loading editor
    • Lefiya x Filvis would be.... it'd work.

      As for Bete, he can't have a relationship as he is right now... he is just too judgmental and so I think we'd need to see some sort of personality growth in him before he could ever really settle down with anybody and so it'd be after that growth that we would need to see who he interacts with well.

        Loading editor
    • I think it's obvious he'll end up with Lena, a big part of why is that she's the only girl that actually accepts the way he his and appreciates what he does, though to everyone else they see he does it poorly like showing how he shows concern for weaker people. It's basically the Hestia x Bell scenario that ppl want to have happen but won't because Aiz is main Bae

        Loading editor
    • Bete should end up with tiona xD that would be magical!

        Loading editor
    • Nooooooo!!! Tiona is too funny and sweet for that killjoy! It would be a waste! She needs somebody fun she can laugh and play with!

      (and yes, I know she's psycho slaughter-machine too, but she's sweet to Lefiya and Ais and she's usually nice to people around her...).

        Loading editor
    • Imo, Bete should be alone forever as that lone-wolf personality of his portrays but he will most likely end up with Lena or alone because: no other woman holds him in high regards because of his poor personality ( no matter whether his intentions are good or not) except for Lena. Unfortunately, because she's in love with how she is, I don't expect much growth from his personality since there is now a character that'll accept the way he is.

      If he's gonna be with anyone, please be with Lena as she is willing to jump on that frag so her boy Bell can get with Aiz ( even though Bete doesn't have a chance anyways, and this sentence is more of a joke). In regards to the "lone wolf" comment I said before and how he belittles people (and tells them to basically "stay in their own lanes"), I find it beautiful and ironic that Lena is giving him the option to be with someone. It's as if she is saying " you should stay in YOUR lane because no woman will ever want to be with you because you don't deserve them, but I'll settle for you."

      Also, I don't see tiona getting with him. The scenes where they fight and compete are funny, but I personally don't think they are indicative of any sense of closeness between them. I'm almost 100% sure she hates him in some sense. I understand the trope of "they hate each other and then have an endearing encounter that changes their feelings towards each other" but those tropes are usually dislike based on misunderstandings and the characters both actually having redeeming qualities. Tiona, as well as most everyone else, is completely justified in her resentment for Bete cause even though she knows it's his way of caring for people, it's a really shitty way to act to people who are both alive and recently died.

      Also, I wonder if tiona will have a love interest since even bete does now ( though it may be Bell that she is/will become interested in)

      Everything else everyone said makes sense too. If he got with Filvis, it would then turn her full attention to Aiz again as a love interest and that's no bueno. I Omori planned Filvis to be with Bete, he would have implemented more scenes with Bete and Filvis than Filvis with Lefiya. If she did go with Bete, that would almost throw out all the development between her and Lefiya.

      As with speculations, this is half opinion based and I dislike Bete.

        Loading editor
    • Galeah wrote: Nooooooo!!! Tiona is too funny and sweet for that killjoy! It would be a waste! She needs somebody fun she can laugh and play with!

      Don't worry, they don't have any chemistry in the first place

      Aznmok wrote: Unfortunately, because she's in love with how she is, I don't expect much growth from his personality since there is now a character that'll accept the way he is

      You could say the same thing about Tione and Finn. The author sidelining Finn's story to the BDs doesn't really help either

      In regards to the "lone wolf" comment I said before and how he belittles people (and tells them to basically "stay in their own lanes")

      Also, I don't see tiona getting with him....to people who are both alive and recently died.

      Why is it that characters like Bete are unjustly hated on? In my opinion it's better to tell them to get out of danger rather than not saying anything and letting them die. You're also forgetting about Riine

      (Note: I'm not a Bete fanboy. I agree that he's done some stuff that he shouldn't have done (like his fight with Aisha in volume 8) but people are overreacting to everything he does)

      While Tiona may be justified in her opinion to some extent, it's also her and everyone else's fault for bringing low level adventurers into Knossos with them (Bete was against it but they overruled him). As far as what the volume shows, they never needed them in the first place, they were only there to set up the plot for volume 8. Almost everyone in the Loki Familia ignores this fact and acts the way they do just because

        Loading editor
    • Angelo Gabrini wrote:

      You could say the same thing about Tione and Finn. The author sidelining Finn's story to the BDs doesn't really help either

      What does this have to do with anything? Wasn't part of the point of Finn's story that he basically grew up all at once after losing his parents, to the point that even Loki was disappointed she wouldn't get to see him grow?

      Why is it that characters like Bete are unjustly hated on? In my opinion it's better to tell them to get out of danger rather than not saying anything and letting them die. You're also forgetting about Riine

      His defining scene was him making fun of a kid in bar while he was listening. People have long memories. What happened with Riine didn't have much to do with it.

      While Tiona may be justified in her opinion to some extent, it's also her and everyone else's fault for bringing low level adventurers into Knossos with them (Bete was against it but they overruled him). As far as what the volume shows, they never needed them in the first place, they were only there to set up the plot for volume 8. Almost everyone in the Loki Familia ignores this fact and acts the way they do just because

      Tiona mentioned that they needed supporters, or they wouldn't be able to give out their max. It's true the volume doesn't show them doing much, but it was implied. The job of a supporter is crucial but easily ignored, after all.

        Loading editor
    • Angelo Gabrini
      Angelo Gabrini removed this reply because:
      Double post
      07:53, November 11, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • Ascetic09 wrote: What does this have to do with anything? Wasn't part of the point of Finn's story that he basically grew up all at once after losing his parents, to the point that even Loki was disappointed she wouldn't get to see him grow?

      It ended up being more confusing than I expected but it was a response to the last sentence of the first paragraph

      His defining scene was him making fun of a kid in bar while he was listening. People have long memories. What happened with Riine didn't have much to do with it.

      This was more about the readers rather than the characters. My point about Riine was a reply to Aznmok's multiple claims of "no woman will ever want to be with you"

      It's true the volume doesn't show them doing much, but it was implied.

      Was there really something suggesting that? It's been a while since I last read volume 7 so I don't remember the small details. Either way just having the Level 4s be supporters would've been better, there wasn't any point in bringing a large number of members into an obvious trap

        Loading editor
    • Angelo Gabrini wrote:

      This was more about the readers rather than the characters.

      In-universe, considering Bete's usual attitude, when he says stuff about weaklings being burdens, can you blame people if they don't take him seriously? Plus, the need was really important.

      Was there really something suggesting that? It's been a while since I last read volume 7 so I don't remember the small details.

      They're supporters. I assume they were doing the usual stuff supporters do.

      Either way just having the Level 4s be supporters would've been better, there wasn't any point in bringing a large number of members into an obvious trap

      They probably wanted all the warm bodies they could find to search the place.

        Loading editor
    • To Angelo,

      In regards to Finn and Tione, aside from Finn learning to be more selfish in terms of his own happiness and not having to marry someone just because they are a prum, I don't personally expect a lot of personal growth from them since they both already seem to be very mature and well rounded people/characters. Bete, on the other hand, has mountains and bounds to grow to become a more mature and well rounded character in terms of how he acts to others.

      I also understand telling people that they shouldn't have come with them, but I'm not hating on him for telling them that as much as shitting on them, while they are dying, that really cements him as a shitty person.

      For instance, Isthar is a shit character even though she "wants to give someone without a purpose a purpose, making that person useful" in regards to haruhime, it's really shitty of her to try to make haruhime a fulfilled person by making her a prostitute against her will and to use her as a tool for war. You can say that she neve actually had the intention of doing something nice for haruhime, but with her views of sex it can be assumed she genuinely meant for haruhime to find joy in prostitution.

      I think the intention of the character doesn't justify the method that they use to portray their purpose. I think that's why adventurers of the Loki familia put up with Bete, because they understand that he means well, but do not accept how he shows it. Even knowing that, most of the familia members ( especially the amazon twins) are absolutely angry for what he did to Riine as she died because it crossed a line and disregards the intentions he had.

      It's almost like, and kinda has been set up for, Bete to be a villain in the series. Even when you give a touching background story to a villain, you understand that it doesn't justify the means they use and you root against the villain. You want the villain defeated, or to see the error in their ways, and don't want to just let them exist like that way forever. So I did say I dislike Bete, but I do want him to become redeeming at some point and I deeply enjoy how indirectly Bell shits on him by how fast Bell grows lol

      Also I forgot Riine was interested in Bete, but as we both know that really bitterly bit her in the ass in her final moments

        Loading editor
    • Most of the time, Bete could be brushed off as one of those emotionally immature stuck-in-his-schoolyard-bully-phase jerkass antihero character the japanese seem to love so much for some reason (collective Stockholm Syndrome?), but when he berates and mocks fellow familia members who are dying or dead in front of him, then he crosses the line and he is either a monster or a very damaged person...

      The novels later show him to be a damaged person rather than a monster, which kinda redeems him to a extent, but makes me really, really want him to receive some therapy so he stops hurting himself and others...

      As for Finn, I hope he doesn't marry a Prum. He would pass the weight of the responsability of saving the Prum race by becoming a replacement for their lost goddess on those poor children's shoulders, and it would most likely destroy them...

      I mean, knowing the goal Finn set for himself as a young boy, and which he has relentlessly pursued since them, the only reason we don't think him arrogant and delusional to the point of insanity is because he is actually able to pull it... but sadly, I don't think any other Prum could repeat all he did... Those poor children could never live up to the standards Finn would set for them, and it would break them...

        Loading editor
    • Aznmok wrote: Bete, on the other hand, has mountains and bounds to grow to become a more mature and well rounded character in terms of how he acts to others.

      I kind of doubt Oomori's going to spend more time on his character (or any of the other members) past volume 8 considering he has a lot of other stuff he needs to cover in Sword Oratoria. I don't really agree with your view on Finn/Tione but I'm not going to discuss it as I'll be going off topic

      it's really shitty of her to try to make haruhime a fulfilled person by making her a prostitute against her will and to use her as a tool for war

      Is this actually a proper comparison though? Ishtar owned Haruhime, which means she could make her do whatever she wanted

      So I did say I dislike Bete, but I do want him to become redeeming at some point and I deeply enjoy how indirectly Bell shits on him by how fast Bell grows lol

      I understand your point but I still can't agree with the Loki Familia either. As for the latter, isn't that more Lefiya rather than Bete?

      Also I forgot Riine was interested in Bete, but as we both know that really bitterly bit her in the ass in her final moments

      Not exactly true based on an SS from Sword Oratoria 8

      the only reason we don't think him arrogant and delusional to the point of insanity is because he is actually able to pull it

      Can he though? To make it work, the whole "saving the Pallums" thing has to keep on going after his retirement/death, and it's not even clear if his efforts right now are even having any effect at all (Pock doesn't count as he's a filler character). Just one Pallum being famous doesn't make it work either

        Loading editor
    • Angelo Gabrini wrote:

      the only reason we don't think him arrogant and delusional to the point of insanity is because he is actually able to pull it

      Can he though? To make it work, the whole "saving the Pallums" thing has to keep on going after his retirement/death, and it's not even clear if his efforts right now are even having any effect at all (Pock doesn't count as he's a filler character). Just one Pallum being famous doesn't make it work either

      Well, what I meant is he has succeeded in becoming one of the most powerful mortals ever and a living legend known across the world. You are right that his plan to save the Pallum race won't work, since most Pallums seem unable to rise past level 2 and they tend to die when they try... plus it is debatable if being an adventurer is something everybody should aspire to...

      Anyways, I think Finn should forget his plan to get Pallum heir and focus his efforts on helping promising adult Pallums to become stronger... I find surprising and kinda dissapointing he doesn't keep a number of Pallum apprentices around... it puts his whole plan into question...

        Loading editor
    • Marcille
      Marcille removed this reply because:
      Double post
      07:57, November 13, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • Angelo Gabrini wrote:

      I kind of doubt Oomori's going to spend more time on his character (or any of the other members) past volume 8 considering he has a lot of other stuff he needs to cover in Sword Oratoria. I don't really agree with your view on Finn/Tione but I'm not going to discuss it as I'll be going off topic

      Exactly. I think that Bete can become a much more mature character but I don't think he'll get the time or maybe there will be a time skip at the end of the series to the see the characters years after the ending, and Bete could be more mature ( or the same, idk). It's nice to know more about Bete, but he still seems to exist as a villain-type character that Bell needs to overcome ( probably doesn't need to fight Bete, but he is trying to overcome the inferiority)

      Is this actually a proper comparison though? Ishtar owned Haruhime, which means she could make her do whatever she wanted

      Isn't it kind of similar with how Bete feels the strong can do whatever they want to the weak?

      I understand your point but I still can't agree with the Loki Familia either. As for the latter, isn't that more Lefiya rather than Bete?

      You mean you can't agree with the Loki familias view on Bete? That's one of the reasons why I don't like Lefiya, cause she kinda takes the role of "gets shot down with the pace that Bell grows" from Bete, who started Bells mad dash to level 6. I think Omori has invested more in Lefiya getting upset about Bells growth than Bete getting upset about it, but it's more organic and poetic for Bete to get it thrown in his face because he started the fire that he doesn't want to burn.

      Whereas Lefiya is just comparing herself to Bell just because he spends time with Aiz in 2 separate scenarios ( training and under resort), the tone between Lefiya and Bell is one sided. I'd really like the main person affected by Bells growth to be Bete because of that "challenger vs the challenged" relationship they have, rather than a girl that Bell doesn't even understand why she has so much beef with him.

      Not exactly true based on an SS from Sword Oratoria 8

      Damn Side stories. I need to read up on them.

        Loading editor
    • I am eager to read/see both Lefiya's reaction to Bell reaching level 4 and Bete's reaction upon learning about both Bell's level up and that Ais and Tiona have been training Bell...

      EDIT: I edited this post because I realized a previous edition took half a phrase away...

        Loading editor
    • Sword Oratoria won't reach that point for another couple volumes depending on how many volumes he uses for the Xenos Arc and for any spinoff original events. Bete didn't get much of a reaction compared to Lefiya for Bell's last level up so I wouldn't get your hopes up

        Loading editor
    • Aznmok wrote:

      That's one of the reasons why I don't like Lefiya, cause she kinda takes the role of "gets shot down with the pace that Bell grows" from Bete, who started Bells mad dash to level 6. I think Omori has invested more in Lefiya getting upset about Bells growth than Bete getting upset about it, but it's more organic and poetic for Bete to get it thrown in his face because he started the fire that he doesn't want to burn.

      Whereas Lefiya is just comparing herself to Bell just because he spends time with Aiz in 2 separate scenarios ( training and under resort), the tone between Lefiya and Bell is one sided. I'd really like the main person affected by Bells growth to be Bete because of that "challenger vs the challenged" relationship they have, rather than a girl that Bell doesn't even understand why she has so much beef with him.

      You're kinda overstating Bete having an issue with Bell levelling quickly. It's really him being embarrassed by the guy he made fun of proving him wrong so publicly, but at the same time he's actually happy about it in his own way, since it's the kind of thing he really wants to see.

      It's true that Lefiya's rivalry with Bell are mostly petty and based on jealousy, but on the other hand, it's actually had a good impact on her, as Riveria notes.

      If I had to guess, I think that the SO version of the Xenos arc will end with Lefiya making Bell her rival for real, not because she's jealous of him, but because she respects him and can admit that fact to herself, to mirror Bell and Asterius.

        Loading editor
    • How does it show that Bete is happy about the growth of Bell? I don't ever recall him taking Bells level ups well, aside from calling him rabbit boy instead of tomato boy. From what I recall, if I'm interpreting it correctly, Bete was offput by Bell winning the War Game and we went to the dungeon to relieve the stress/ anger/felt threatened immediately after he won. You can speculate, from how he tries to get others to be better by being rude to them, that Bete was trying to get Bell to be stronger. But Bete didn't even know Bell was there when he insulted him, Bete was just talking shit to talk shit about someone and Bell happened to be there. Even when Bete notices Bell is in Under Resort, he reacts very negatively to The surprise of Bell being there. So I can't recall him ever being happy or supportive of Bell in any capacity.

      I also know the competition helps Lefiya, but that's because Omori wrote Bell to be the main focus of her trying harder (and to help out the familia more). I don't mind the idea of one-sidedly competing with Bell but I don't like how it's done or how much focus it gets, compared to how little it's shown to effect Bete so far ( though we've been loosely shown that Bete doesn't like it, in my opinion).

      I speculate/wish that Lefiya, upon finding out he's level 4, will realize it's pointless to compare herself to someone who is growing so rapidly. I think it'd be good character development to further realize how stupid she's been, and understand that everyone goes at their own pace and it'll ruin you if you constantly keep comparing yourself to others ( which has been part of her downfall for most of SO). If she keeps comparing herself to Bell and competing, once he reaches level 5, she'll be crushed and overwhelmed cause it's practically comparing the power of your punch to dynamite at this point lol. It's good to be motivated by something/ someone but she's waaayy too obsessed about it to not be negatively affected by it later on.

        Loading editor
    • Aznmok wrote:
      How does it show that Bete is happy about the growth of Bell?

      Bete is happy about it in his own way, you can see that in his monologue in SO Volume 8

      I don't ever recall him taking Bells level ups well, aside from calling him rabbit boy instead of tomato boy. From what I recall, if I'm interpreting it correctly, Bete was offput by Bell winning the War Game and we went to the dungeon to relieve the stress/ anger/felt threatened immediately after he won.

      Bete's a tsundere, you can't take what he says seriously. Rather than being put off or upset by Bell winning, he was pumped up by it. Read his comments earlier during the War Game.

      Even when Bete notices Bell is in Under Resort, he reacts very negatively to The surprise of Bell being there.

      Again, an exaggeration. He was surprised and upset that no one told him about, but it was hardly a negative reaction. His talk with Ais a little later after that shows it.

      So I can't recall him ever being happy or supportive of Bell in any capacity.

      That's why I said happy in his own way. He's not Bell's friend or anything. He just feels vindicated that he got stronger.

      I also know the competition helps Lefiya, but that's because Omori wrote Bell to be the main focus of her trying harder (and to help out the familia more). I don't mind the idea of one-sidedly competing with Bell but I don't like how it's done or how much focus it gets, compared to how little it's shown to effect Bete so far ( though we've been loosely shown that Bete doesn't like it, in my opinion).

      Don't know why you're so insistent on it affecting Bete. He's not so petty to begrudge someone getting stronger. Even if Bell did get stronger than him, he'd just get determined to get stronger himself.

      It makes more sense for it to affect Lefiya, since she's a mirror of Bell.

      I speculate/wish that Lefiya, upon finding out he's level 4, will realize it's pointless to compare herself to someone who is growing so rapidly. I think it'd be good character development to further realize how stupid she's been, and understand that everyone goes at their own pace and it'll ruin you if you constantly keep comparing yourself to others ( which has been part of her downfall for most of SO). If she keeps comparing herself to Bell and competing, once he reaches level 5, she'll be crushed and overwhelmed cause it's practically comparing the power of your punch to dynamite at this point lol. It's good to be motivated by something/ someone but she's waaayy too obsessed about it to not be negatively affected by it later on.

      Highly doubt it'll go down like that. The series isn't going to start thinking of trying to catch up to people beyond you as stupid. And I'd hardly call Lefiya comparing herself to people above her as dumb or her downfall. If she simply accepted that people were above her, she'd never get better herself. She isn't going to get crushed by something like that at this stage.

      Besides, even if Bell outpaces her level-wise, Lefiya can make her own improvements as a mage.

        Loading editor
    • Hmm I can definitely see how you could interpret that as how Bete feels about Bell. I still feel it's more out of respect, like how he changed to rabbit boy after seeing Bell fight a Minotaur, than being happy for Bell. Also, I've never witnessed a tsundere as harsh as Bete, so I didn't originally see him as a tsundere but just as an asshole.

      I still affirm that Bete is petty at least as a result of him being stubborn about things, like not apologizing in SO 8.

      It's not just that Lefiya simply compares herself to others above her for the sake of getting stronger, but originally that was her downfall. She thought they were so above her that she would just drag them down or couldn't keep up with them, which made her nervous and space out at times when she needed to finish a spell. Comparing yourself to others, to the point that you get depressed/sad or unsure of yourself is not a good habit.

      I don't know much about Lefiya past volume 5 so I can't say how she is later on, but there is a lot of times she has this downward shift because she compares herself to Bell or someone higher than her. In fact, from what I recall, it's the other Loki familia members that usually have to pull her out of that spiral, rather than her pulling herself out of it

        Loading editor
    • I don’t know why but, I think Bete will finish up with haruhime

        Loading editor
    • 93.66.109.30 wrote: I don’t know why but, I think Bete will finish up with haruhime

      I should slap you for even saying that.

        Loading editor
    • 190.80.34.163 wrote:

      93.66.109.30 wrote: I don’t know why but, I think Bete will finish up with haruhime

      I should slap you for even saying that.

      After I read the Xenos' Arc I did think something like this thought! o.O

      Haruhime's looks could be similar to those of Luna I think!

        Loading editor
    • Closing this thread because it out lived its purpose, you guys can move the current off topic discussion to a more appropiate thread if you wish.

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.